Simpson pressure washers have carved a niche for themselves in the market, known for their high quality, performance, and versatility. Whether you’re a homeowner looking for a reliable tool for residential cleaning tasks or a professional in need of a heavy-duty pressure washer for commercial applications, Simpson has got you covered. In this article, we’ll delve into the world of Simpson pressure washers and explore just how good they really are.
Simpson pressure washers are highly regarded for their quality, performance, and versatility. They offer a range of models catering to both residential and commercial cleaning needs. Known for their durability and robust build quality, Simpson pressure washers provide excellent cleaning power with various PSI and GPM capabilities. They are user-friendly, offer good value for money, and generally receive positive customer reviews.
Key Features of Simpson Pressure Washers
Simpson pressure washers come packed with a variety of features designed to make your cleaning tasks easier and more efficient. These include:
- Gas and electric power options: Catering to different user needs, Simpson offers both gas and electric pressure washers. Gas pressure washers are suitable for regular household cleaning, larger jobs, or working in remote areas, while electric power washers are ideal for light-duty tasks around the house.
- Various PSI and GPM capabilities: Simpson pressure washers provide a range of PSI (pounds per square inch) and GPM (gallons per minute) capabilities, allowing users to choose the right amount of cleaning power for their specific applications.
- Engine brands: Simpson pressure washers are powered by either Simpson themselves or Honda engines, ensuring reliable performance.
- Pump types: Simpson features different pump types such as axial cam and triplex pumps, catering to various cleaning needs.
- Soap injection: Some Simpson pressure washer models come with soap injection systems, like siphon hoses, for efficient and effective cleaning.
- Hot water capability: Certain Simpson pressure washer models offer hot water capability for exceptionally tough, greasy cleaning tasks.
- Accessories and replacement parts: Simpson provides a range of accessories, such as spray guns, extension wands, and adjustable regulators, to expand the uses of their pressure washers and replacement parts to extend the life of the machines.
- Made in the USA: Simpson’s gas-powered pressure washers are manufactured in the United States, ensuring quality and reliability.
Cleaning Performance and Efficiency
Simpson pressure washers are known for their efficiency and cleaning performance. They measure the efficiency of their pressure washers using Cleaning Units (CU), which is the result of multiplying the PSI (pressure) by the GPM (water flow). This allows for easy comparison between different pressure washer models.
Users have reported that Simpson pressure washers are effective in handling various cleaning tasks, such as cleaning decks, patios, outdoor furniture, house siding, and prepping home exteriors for painting. The Simpson MSH3125 Megashot, for instance, boasts 3200 PSI and 2.5 GPM, making it suitable for regular use and providing powerful cleaning capabilities. The Simpson MS60763-S, with 3100 PSI and 2.4 GPM, is ideal for deep cleaning driveways or preparing a house for painting.
Durability and Build Quality
In terms of durability and build quality, Simpson pressure washers are considered to be stronger and more durable than 95% of the brands available in the market. They are designed for both residential and commercial use, with some models featuring commercial-grade Honda engines and AAA triplex pumps for more frequent use over long hours.
Different Models and Their Differences
Simpson offers a variety of pressure washer models designed for both residential and commercial applications. Some of the popular models and their differences are as follows:
- Simpson Clean Machine CM61081: This is an entry-level gas-powered pressure washer with 2800 PSI and 2.3 GPM, suitable for light-duty tasks around the house.
- Simpson MegaShot MSH3125-S: A premium residential gas pressure washer with 3200 PSI and 2.5 GPM, ideal for DIY homeowners. It features a welded steel frame, 5 quick-connect nozzle tips, and a Honda GC190 engine.
- Simpson MegaShot MS60921: This model offers 3300 PSI and 2.4 GPM, making it suitable for various residential cleaning tasks. It comes with a Honda GC190 engine, OEM Technologies axial cam pump, and 5 quick-connect nozzle tips.
- Simpson PowerShot PS60995: Designed for commercial use, this pressure washer has 3600 PSI and 2.5 GPM. It features a Honda GX200 engine, AAA triplex pump, and 5 quick-connect nozzle tips.
- Simpson IS61030 Industrial Series: A heavy-duty, belt-drive pressure washer with 4200 PSI and a Honda GX390 engine. It is designed for industrial applications and comes with a Comet pump.
These models differ in terms of power, performance, and intended use. Residential models like the Clean Machine and MegaShot series are designed for home use, while the PowerShot and Industrial Series are built for commercial and industrial applications. The PSI (pounds per square inch) and GPM (gallons per minute) ratings also vary among models, affecting their cleaning power and efficiency.
User-Friendliness for the Average Homeowner
Simpson pressure washers are generally user-friendly and suitable for the average homeowner. Many Simpson pressure washer models, such as the Clean Machine CM60976 and the Clean Machine CM61081, offer excellent cleaning power at competitive prices. These pressure washers are designed for various residential tasks, and their durability makes them stand out among other brands.
Price Range and Value for Money
The price range of Simpson pressure washers varies from around $300 to over $2,000, depending on the model and its features. When comparing Simpson pressure washers to other brands, it’s essential to consider factors such as power, durability, ease of use, and the specific cleaning tasks you need the pressure washer for. Overall, Simpson pressure washers are considered to be a good investment due to their performance and reliability.
Customer Reviews and Feedback
Common customer reviews and feedback about Simpson pressure washers are generally positive. Customers appreciate the performance, build quality, and reliability of these pressure washers. Users have reported better quality and performance from Simpson pressure washers compared to other models at similar price points.
Where to Buy and Customer Service
Potential buyers can purchase Simpson pressure washers from various retailers, including Lowe’s, The Home Depot, Tractor Supply Co., Sam’s Club, and Walmart. They can also be found online at websites like Pressure Washers Direct. Simpson provides customer service through their contact numbers and email. They also offer a limited warranty on their pressure washers, with an Extended Protection Plus Program for specific pressure washer models, providing additional engine coverage.
In conclusion, Simpson pressure washers are a reliable and effective choice for various cleaning tasks. They offer a range of models to cater to different cleaning needs and are known for their durability and competitive pricing. Whether you’re a homeowner or a professional, Simpson pressure washers are a solid investment for your cleaning needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of warranty does Simpson offer on their pressure washers?
Simpson offers a limited warranty on their pressure washers. The length and coverage of the warranty may vary depending on the specific model.
Can I use a Simpson pressure washer to clean my car?
Yes, you can use a Simpson pressure washer to clean your car. However, it is recommended to use a lower PSI setting and a wider spray angle to prevent damage to the car’s paint.
Are there any safety precautions I should take while using a Simpson pressure washer?
Yes, safety is crucial when using a pressure washer. Always wear protective gear, including safety glasses and sturdy shoes. Never point the pressure washer at people or pets, and make sure to turn off the engine and disconnect the spark plug before performing any maintenance.
How do I maintain my Simpson pressure washer?
Regular maintenance of your Simpson pressure washer includes cleaning the water inlet and outlet after each use, checking and changing the oil regularly, and inspecting the high-pressure hose for wear and tear. Always refer to the owner’s manual for specific maintenance instructions for your model.
How do I choose the right Simpson pressure washer for my needs?
Choosing the right Simpson pressure washer depends on your specific cleaning needs. Consider the PSI and GPM ratings based on the intensity of the cleaning tasks you plan to undertake. Lighter tasks like washing cars or outdoor furniture may require less power compared to heavier tasks like cleaning driveways or preparing house exteriors for painting.