The modern age has brought about many conveniences, one of which is the ability to control our appliances remotely. LG, a leading manufacturer of home appliances, has incorporated WiFi technology into many of their washers. This allows users to control and monitor their washers from anywhere using the LG ThinQ app. However, like all technology, issues may arise that require you to reset your LG washer’s WiFi. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the process of how to reset LG washer WiFi, along with troubleshooting common issues and providing helpful tips.
To reset the WiFi on your LG washer, turn off and unplug the washer. Then, turn off the circuit breaker. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds, then press and hold the start button for 5 seconds. Turn on the circuit breaker, plug the unit back into the power supply, and retry starting the cycle. After resetting, you’ll need to reconnect your washer to your WiFi network using the LG ThinQ app.
Why Reset LG Washer WiFi?
There are several reasons why you may need to reset the WiFi on your LG washer. These include:
- The washer going offline and no longer connecting to your WiFi network.
- Network issues causing the washer to lose its connection.
- Software updates that require a fresh connection.
- Network card overflow due to too much traffic on the local area network (LAN).
Resetting the WiFi allows your washer to reestablish a connection to your home network, restoring the functionality of remote control features, notifications, and other smart capabilities provided by the LG ThinQ app.
Steps to Reset LG Washer WiFi
Follow these steps to reset the WiFi on your LG washer:
- Press the power button to turn off the washer.
- Unplug the washer from the power supply. If you are unable to access the power supply of the washer, proceed to the next step.
- Turn off the circuit breaker.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds, then press and hold the start button for 5 seconds.
- Turn on the circuit breaker.
- Plug the unit back into the power supply and retry starting the cycle.
If you continue to have problems after resetting the washer, service may be required. Visit LG’s Request a Repair page for further assistance.
Reconnecting Your LG Washer to WiFi
Once you’ve reset the WiFi on your LG washer, you’ll need to reconnect it to your home network. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install the LG ThinQ app on your smartphone.
- Create an account or sign in to the LG ThinQ app.
- From the ThinQ app dashboard, tap “Add a device.”
- Tap on “Select device.”
- Make sure your device is plugged in and powered on.
- Locate the QR code on the model and serial number tag on your appliance and scan it with your smartphone.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Even after resetting the WiFi on your LG washer, you may still encounter issues. Here are some common problems and how to resolve them:
- Washer too far from the router: Shorten the distance between the router and the washer.
- Incorrect router password: Double-check the router password.
- Router IP not assigned: Reset the router by pressing and holding the reset button at the back of the router for 3 seconds, or turn the power off and on by pulling and replacing the power plug.
- Exceeded the maximum number of devices connected to the router: Reset the router as mentioned above.
- Timeout due to identification failure (compatibility issue with the latest routers): Establish a hotspot (tethering) connection once and then retry.
- Washer’s WiFi connection dropping: Put the washer in a private VLAN or reserve the 192.168.1.80 IP to the washer on your DHCP server.
Remember, if none of the above solutions work, it may be necessary to seek professional assistance for further diagnosis and repair.
Resetting the WiFi on your LG washer could be necessary for various reasons, from network issues to software updates. Regardless of the cause, this guide provides a comprehensive solution to help you get your washer back online. Always remember to follow safety precautions and consult your washer’s user manual before attempting any repairs. If you continue to encounter issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to LG customer support for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the LG ThinQ app?
The LG ThinQ app is a smart home management tool developed by LG. It allows you to control and monitor your LG smart appliances, including washers, from anywhere using your smartphone.
Why does my LG washer keep disconnecting from WiFi?
There could be multiple reasons why your LG washer keeps disconnecting from WiFi. Some common issues include the washer being too far from the router, incorrect router password, router IP not assigned or the maximum number of devices connected to the router has been exceeded. Follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the blog post to resolve these issues.
Can I connect my LG washer to a different WiFi network?
Yes, you can connect your LG washer to a different WiFi network. You would need to reset the WiFi on your washer and then follow the steps to reconnect it to the new network using the LG ThinQ app.
I can’t find the QR code on my LG washer. What should I do?
The QR code on your LG washer is usually located on the model and serial number tag on your appliance. If you can’t find it, you can manually add the device on the LG ThinQ app. For further assistance, you may contact LG customer support.
What does it mean to put the washer in a private VLAN or reserve the 192.168.1.80 IP to the washer on my DHCP server?
A private VLAN isolates the washer from other devices on the network, which can help if you’re experiencing connection issues. Reserving the 192.168.1.80 IP on your DHCP server means that this specific IP address will be assigned to your washer each time it connects to the network, ensuring a stable connection. However, these steps are more complex and may require technical knowledge or the help of a professional.