The E24 error code on a Bosch dishwasher is a common issue that many users encounter. This error code signifies that the dishwasher is not draining properly. This can be due to several reasons such as a blocked drain filter or pump, a kinked drain hose, or a brand new garbage disposal with an unremoved ‘knockout’ plug.
The E24 error code on a Bosch dishwasher means that the dishwasher is not draining properly. This could be due to a blocked drain filter, a kinked drain hose, a malfunctioning drain pump, a loose pump cover, or a garbage disposal plug that hasn’t been removed. To fix it, you can clean the drain filter, check the drain hose, inspect the pump cover, check the garbage disposal connection, and reset the dishwasher. If the problem persists, contact Bosch Customer Support for assistance.
Common Causes of E24 Error Code
There are several reasons why your Bosch dishwasher might be displaying the E24 error code:
- Blocked Drain Filter: The drain filter might be clogged with debris, preventing the dishwasher from draining properly.
- Blocked or Kinked Drain Hose: The drain hose could be blocked or kinked, restricting the flow of water out of the dishwasher.
- Faulty Drain Pump: The drain pump might be malfunctioning or obstructed, preventing it from pumping water out of the dishwasher.
- Loose Pump Cover: The pump cover, located under the filter at the bottom of the dishwasher, may be loose, causing water to leak and not drain properly.
- Garbage Disposal Plug: If the dishwasher is connected to a garbage disposal, the installer may have forgotten to remove the knockout plug, blocking the drain connection.
How to Fix the E24 Error Code
Here are the steps that you can follow to fix the E24 error code:
- Clean the Drain Filter: Removing the bottom dish rack and spray arm will reveal the filter at the bottom of the dishwasher. Clean it to ensure there’s no blockage.
- Check the Drain Hose: Ensure that the drain hose is not kinked or damaged, and clear any blockages.
- Inspect the Pump Cover: Locate the pump cover under the filter, and ensure that it is not loose.
- Check the Garbage Disposal Connection: If the dishwasher is connected to a garbage disposal, ensure that the knockout plug has been removed.
- Reset the Dishwasher: After fixing the issue, reset the dishwasher according to the owner’s manual.
If the problem persists after trying these steps, it may be necessary to contact Bosch Customer Support at 1-800-944-2904 for further assistance.
Preventing the E24 Error
To prevent the E24 error from recurring in the future, follow these steps:
- Regularly clean the dishwasher filter: This will prevent clogs and ensure smooth functioning.
- Check the drain hose: Ensure that the drain hose is not kinked or damaged.
- Inspect the pump cover: Make sure it is not loose.
- Perform regular dishwasher maintenance: This includes cleaning the spray arms, checking for debris in the sump, and ensuring that the drain pump is functioning properly.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your Bosch dishwasher runs smoothly and efficiently. If you encounter the E24 error code, don’t panic. With the right knowledge and a little bit of effort, you can fix the issue and get your dishwasher back in working order.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I locate the drain filter in my Bosch dishwasher?
The drain filter in a Bosch dishwasher is usually located at the bottom of the dishwasher. You can access it by removing the bottom dish rack and spray arm.
How do I clean the drain filter?
To clean the drain filter, remove it from the dishwasher and rinse it under running water. Use a soft brush to remove any debris. Make sure to let it dry completely before reinserting it back into the dishwasher.
How do I check if the drain hose is kinked or damaged?
The drain hose is usually located at the back of the dishwasher. You’ll need to pull out the dishwasher from its installation to inspect the hose. Look for any visible signs of damage or kinks in the hose.
What do I do if the drain pump is faulty?
If the drain pump is faulty, you might need to replace it. It’s advisable to contact a Bosch service technician for this, as it involves disassembling parts of the dishwasher.
How do I reset my Bosch dishwasher after fixing the E24 error?
The reset procedure can differ depending on the model of your Bosch dishwasher. Generally, you can reset it by pressing and holding the Start button for about 3 seconds. However, it’s best to refer to your owner’s manual for the exact procedure.