Air frying is a popular cooking method that offers the taste and texture of deep-frying with less oil, making it a healthier alternative. One appliance that stands out in the world of air frying is the NuWave Oven. This versatile kitchen appliance uses a combination of infrared, conduction, and convection cooking methods, offering a wide range of cooking functions including air frying. This article serves as a comprehensive guide on how to air fry with a NuWave Oven.
To air fry with a NuWave Oven, you first need to clean the appliance and set it up on a stable, heat-resistant surface. Turn on the oven and load the food onto the tray. Set the appropriate temperature and time using the control panel. You can also choose to preheat the oven before cooking. Once cooking is complete, check for doneness using a food thermometer or visual inspection. Remember to clean the oven and its accessories after use.
Understanding the NuWave Oven
The NuWave Oven is a unique kitchen appliance that uses a triple combo of infrared, conduction, and convection cooking methods to prepare food. This allows the NuWave Oven to cook food from frozen, roast, broil, grill, barbecue, bake, steam, dehydrate, and even air-fry. As an air fryer, the NuWave Oven uses hot air to cook food, resulting in a crispy exterior while keeping the inside tender. This method of cooking is healthier as it requires less oil compared to traditional frying methods.
The NuWave Oven comes in different models, each with its unique features. For instance, the NuWave Pro has a digital control panel, while the standard model has an analog control panel. Other models, like the NuWave Bravo XL and the NuWave Primo Grill Oven, combine the features of a convection oven and indoor grill, offering even more versatility.
Setting Up Your NuWave Oven for Air Frying
Before you start air frying with your NuWave Oven, you need to set it up correctly. Here’s how:
- Clean the appliance and accessories: Before using your NuWave Air Fryer, clean all accessories with mild dish soap and clean water. Wipe down the appliance with a damp cloth, but avoid submerging it in water.
- Set up the air fryer: Place the air fryer on a stable, heat-resistant surface, ensuring the air vent isn’t blocked or covered.
- Turn on the air fryer: Press the On/Off button on the digital touch screen. The control panel should read “0,” indicating that you haven’t selected a cooking temperature or time yet.
- Load the food: Slide out the base tray using the handle and place your food onto the tray. Once all your food is set on the tray, slide it back into the air fryer.
- Set the temperature and time: Press the “Temp / Time” button once and use the up and down arrow buttons to adjust the temperature. Press this button twice and use the same arrows to adjust the cooking time.
- Preheat the air fryer: If you want to preheat the air fryer, press the Preheat button after turning the air fryer on. Then, press the Temp/Time button once to set the cooking temperature, and then press it again to set the cooking time.
Cooking with the NuWave Oven
When cooking with the NuWave Oven, it’s essential to check for doneness using a food thermometer or visual inspection. Cooking times can vary based on the size and thickness of the food. It’s better to slightly undercook and check for doneness than to overcook the food. After use, clean the air fryer and its accessories, avoiding sharp, metal utensils on any of the accessories or base tray as they can scratch the non-stick surface.
For instance, if you’re making homemade fries, you would set the temperature to 360 °F for 18-30 minutes. For a recipe like NuWave Deluxe Air Fried Chicken, you would marinate the chicken, set up the dipping bowls, place the chicken on the rack, and set for 15 minutes at Power Level High (350 degrees for Elite), flip the pieces over and set for another 15 minutes at Power Level High.
Remember, the NuWave Air Fryer is not just limited to frying. It offers a wide range of cooking functions such as baking, grilling, and roasting. Experiment with new recipes, seasonings, and ingredients to make the most of this versatile appliance.
Air frying with a NuWave Oven offers several unique benefits, including versatility, triple combo cooking, larger capacity, better heat circulation, and healthier cooking. With this guide, you can confidently air fry a variety of foods using your NuWave Oven. Happy cooking!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use aluminum foil in the NuWave Oven?
Yes, you can use aluminum foil in the NuWave Oven. However, you should ensure that it doesn’t touch the dome of the oven to prevent damage.
How often should I clean my NuWave Oven?
It’s recommended to clean your NuWave Oven after each use. This helps to maintain its performance and longevity.
Can I use glassware in the NuWave Oven?
Yes, glassware is safe to use in the NuWave Oven. However, avoid using any glassware that is not oven-safe.
Can I use my NuWave Oven to dehydrate foods?
Yes, the NuWave Oven has a dehydrate function that can be used to make dried fruits, jerky, and other dehydrated foods.
Is the NuWave Oven safe to use on any surface?
The NuWave Oven should be placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface. Avoid placing it on plastic or other surfaces that may melt or get damaged by heat.
Can I air fry without using oil in the NuWave Oven?
Yes, you can air fry without using oil in the NuWave Oven, but a small amount of oil can help achieve a crispier finish.